Clean Pull + Hang Power Clean + Power Clean OT90 x 7 sets - build from 60%
5 Rounds for Max Reps:
1:00 – Row for Calories
1:00 – Power Cleans (135/95)
1:00 – Barbell Facing Burpees
1:00 – Rest
Nutrition Wednesday with Coach Courtney, RD
If you have never prepared Indian foods, my recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala is an easy way to get started! The word “tikka” means chunky and the word “masala” refers to a spice mix. If you want to keep it extra simple, you can even pick up a tikka masala spice blend from the grocery store! I’ve prepared the recipe with both plain Greek yogurt and coconut milk and both are equally tasty. I prepared spaghetti squash as my carbohydrate choice but white rice, cauliflower rice, or naan would be great as well!
Yield: 4 servings (250g portion)
1 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ginger, chopped
½ onion (150g)
2 tbsp Tikka Masala spice mixture (or 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cumin, ½ tbsp coriander, 1 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne)
1 tsp. Salt
Pinch of pepper
½ cup chicken stock
1 pound chicken, cubed (454g)
1 cup tomato puree
½ cup of plain Greek yogurt or 1 cup coconut milk
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add in the minced garlic and onion. Cook until translucent.
2. Add the spice mixture to the pot and stir . Add half of the chicken stock.
3. Cube the chicken and add it to the mixture. Add the rest of the chicken stock and stir until the chicken is no longer pink.
4. Add in the tomato puree and Greek yogurt (or coconut milk) and let the mixture simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or roasted spaghetti squash
Nutrition Facts (when prepared with plain Greek yogurt)